Child Protection Legislation

When all you have to choose from is red or blue slime, lib dems, UKIP, BNP or various fringe parties what would you advise?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The message from Wolf K contains these words:

Yes, but the government always gets in...

Reply to
David Jackson

Except that almost without exception they bleated "But it's in the rules" or "Oops, silly me, it was just a mistake so I'll pay it back and everything will be alright again so I didn't really commit an illegal act."

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I do, but there's not actually much choice! Realistically, there are only two parties with a chance of forming the next government, and apart from the colour of their ribbons, there's no difference between the two of them. I would really support a "None of the above" option, and I suspect that if that option was available, a lot more people would turn out. If enough people voted "None of the above", that is a pretty good clue that people have no confidence in any of the parties. I also have a problem with our system in that we can't actually vote for which party should run the country - we can only vote for who we want to run our local area, which isn't necessarily the same party.

I will vote though, and always have done, so that I have a right to complain if I don't agree with the winning party's policies :-)

Oh yeah - alt.politics is thataway, for the brave ====>>>>>>

Reply to
Paul Boyd

You may be right, but I suspect and hope not, and i'm pleased to say that was never fooled by blair although could not imagine the incompetence and waste that GB would cause.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

It only encourages them.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

I'm not sure that listening to silent people would be the best use of time.

Thinking things though

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Join the constituency association, and shake 'em up.

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Will the reneging by David Cameron upon the issue of a referendum about the Lisbon Treaty mean that the next government will be a Labour one?

Not because anybody will want one, but merely because the protest vote will now be split amongst the Conservatives, UKIP, and the BNP.

You read it here first.

Perhap's David Cameron's epitaph will be "The man who catapulted the BNP into power"?

Reply to
Phil O. Sopher

The silent people are shouting loud, but have no voice - exactly what the politicians are failing to comprehend, and why they are so out of touch.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

"MartinS" wrote

Excellent program on TV last night about JLB (John Logie Baird) and the development of television.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Fantastic, wasn't it. I'd never heard of the high res stereoscopic colour TV - just think where we'd be now if he hadn't died early.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamends

I saw it on bit torrent. Maybe I'll download it.

Also, on thebox.bz, there are quite frequent posts of obscure railway videos and old BTF films. Some are very interesting.

Reply to
MartinS

It sounds more like though you need protection from them! Do they have to have CRB checks too?

Reply to
MartinS

Hehe. They're lovely people, honestly :-)

Reply to
David Cantrell

Reply to
Keith Patrick

... and which is probably why the BNP is getting so much support nowadays.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

My local engineering has recently enquired upon this matter to the county council's protection officer, and the advice received, at least as far as public running and exhibitions goes, is that provided the child's parents are present, then there has only to be one official accredited under the CRB also present at all times.

I appreciate that this situation isn't quite the question posed, but may nonetheless be of interest

Reply to
Phil O. Sopher