Class 73

Are there any RTR models around of it?

Reply to
Mark W

Are you not fussy about the scale / gauge?

It might help! :o)

Jim

pester me, why not? whokid at flywheelnetwork . co . uk

Reply to
Whokid

"Mark W" wrote

Lima did quite a creditable model of the 73 - just a shame about the naff chassis.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Sorry, 'oo'

Reply to
Mark W

No probs, AFAIK only Lima do (did) a RTR Class 73 in that gauge. You should still be able to pick one up new. Watch out for the chassis though, they're naff.

There's one on e-bay.co.uk ATM for £7.50! Item number: 3149656337

HTH

Jim

pester me, why not? whokid at flywheelnetwork . co . uk

Reply to
Whokid

Salvé "John Turner" skrev i meddelandet news:bmh34g$s3c$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderm1.core.theplanet.net...

Whats naff about it? is it so fragile that it break's in two?or just lousy detail? Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

I hope it's the detail, as that can be fixed or ignored ;).

Anyone know if a GLV has ever been made (Gatwick luggage van,I think based on one of the earlier BR EMUs).

Reply to
Mark W

Its a standard Lima drive system, surely you've heard enough about those to know whats wrong :o)

Reply to
Ben

Salvé "Ben" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@news.cis.dfn.de...

ready to run chassis fo the T23 diesel with tin flywheels available for limas otherwise nice offering, its motor as you may guess is useless hence the uppgrade, its dear tho £100 but runs like a dream Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

You sure those *TIN* flywheels work O.K. ;-)

Colin.

Reply to
Colin

One of the better Lamer UK models, if not THE best. Nigel Burkin has a page of detailing tips for it at:

some prototype notes at:
I bet those links get mangled......

-- Steve Jones, Shropshire, England

Reply to
Steve Jones

Don't know if an RTR one exists, but wouldn't be at all surprised if Southern Pride do one with pre-finished sides in their kit range. As for the origin, I think that the GLVs were converted from the single-unit parcels/mail/luggage cars that were often used with 4-Cep and 4-Bep units on Folkestone & Dover boat trains (they were also able to run on battery power on quayside lines without a 3rd rail).

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

Hi,

MJT do etched brass sides and cast cab ends, bogies etc. for a GLV, which enables you to convert a Lima Mk1. It's quite a straightforward task, and gives a good result.

The original GLVs were not converted from the MLVs (most [all?] of which still exist) but from the motor coaches of 2-HAP units.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Pearce

salvé "Colin" skrev i meddelandet news:bmkff3$dso$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

between my stroke and a compaq keyboard my typing has become more naff than a lima chassis :D it should of course have been twin... :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

IIRC most of the MLV are still around - one has been disposed of, another is (was?) in use as a shunter for SWT and the rest are preserved.

--

***
*** Updated 13 October, now 574 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)