4-SUB emu

Hello,

I'm nearing completion of a model of Bulleid 4-SUB unit 4749, and I have a question about which way around the two trailers go. The two motor cars have steps fitted to their inner ends, to allow access to the roof. The intermediate trailer cars only have these steps at one end each.

If I denote a Driving end as D, an inner end with steps as S and a plain inner end as P, does anyone know which of the following options is the right one?

D--------S S--------P P--------S S--------D

D--------S P--------S S--------P S--------D

D--------S P--------S P--------S S--------D

Thanks

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Pearce

In message , Stuart Pearce writes

If it's similar to the Bulleid 4-EPB I'm building, it's the last one.

Reply to
John Sullivan

"Stuart Pearce" wrote

According to "Bulleid coaches in 4mm scale" by S.W.Stevens-Stratten, two of the above formations were used. TC denotes trailer compo.

The first round ended sets were

as were the first few squared ended sets.

The later sets were

As far as I can see, 4749 belongs in the latter category.

However this book shows some step boards on 3 car set BK 3rds for which I have yet to spot a matching photo.

Reply to
Terry O'Brien