TTX Front Runners and other TOFC

I have been looking for models of flat cars to carry semi trailers and containers that would be appropriate for 1976. I know that there were

2-axle, 4 wheel cars back then as I have a slide that shows one. The McKean Models front runners I just bought off eBay are lettered as "New 10-84." Were these introduced to the market about this time or is this something that was available earlier and the models are just lettered to reflect a later date?

In addition to the Athearn's A/P flat, which I understand has some problems, I'm also interested in what models I should be looking for, both flat cars and trailer/containers that would be appropriate for pre-1977.

Reply to
Jeff Finch

The flats from back then were usually the 86' or so cars with two trucks and

28" wheels. There were several variations of the cars, depending upon the maker of the cars with some having a small bulwark to assist in keeping the trucks on the cars while others didn't. The 2 axle cars were being experimented with but the railroads didn't like them too much as they were different. Santa Fe was pretty much the starter on longer multiple unit car sets.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May