RTR DMUs

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can confirm the pre-Pacer DMUs that are or have been available RTR. So far, I've come up with Hornby 110, 121 Lima 101, 117, 121 Bachmann 108 (one day)

Any I've missed? Not including kits that can be made RTR (e.g DC Kits)

Del

Reply to
revelationjoe

Model Depot

Triang also did a 101, and also a "Blue Pulman" (I forget what class(es) these were, perhaps someone can enlighten?).

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

"PhilD" wrote Triang also did a 101, and also a "Blue Pulman" (I forget what class(es) these were, perhaps someone can enlighten?).

PhilD

Just checked on the Railcar associations web pages (very good for anything DMU related!) The Blue Pullmans (M or W regions) don't appear to have ever had a class number, probably because they went in 1973... Was this Pre TOPS ? and I think they were just referred to as the MetCam Pullman sets .... Unless anyone knows better ? I would also like to know ! :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis

They were Classes 251 and 261

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Trix did one and Dapol did a re-run using the same tools a few years ago somewhere between OO and HO I believe in scale. Do you count the GWR flying bananas done by Lima as Pre-pacer? As they did survive into the

1960's I believe.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

"kim" wrote in message news:oNWdnelMs5 snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

The Trix Trans-Pennine set comprised two of the outer coaches, one powered and the other not powered. They were to the standard Trix scale of 3.8 mm to the foot; this actually didn't matter too much as the two cars were unlikely to ever be coupled to anything other than themselves or the intermediate coaches - in fact the end cars had no outer couplings anyway. The two-car set was, in my humble view and not withstanding the "odd" scale, an excellent item. Trix then introduced the requisite four intermediate coaches to make up the six-coach unit. Unfortunately, they were not accurate to the prototype (as were the outer units) and were merely their standard Mark 1's produced in DMU green rather than BR maroon. Interior lighting was a standard fitting in the two end cars; if you wanted it in the intermediate cars Trix marketed the necessary "DIY" equipment. Dapol certainly re-introduced the two car set, but I can't help regarding any re-introduction of the intermediate coaches. The Triang "Blue Pullman" was actually a model of the Western Region version of this train, the "Midland Pullman" sets differed in detail. If I recall correctly, the "Midland Pullman" was all first class, whereas the Western Region sets carried second class passengers as well. As far as I can recall, the only accurate model of a "Midland Pullman" (so far) was the long-mourned Kitmaster kits - although, over the years, there have been various "threats" to introduce Blue Pullman kits from some manufacturers in the model railway press. Hope this helps,

David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

The ex-Lima 121 has just been re-released by Hornby, and the 101 is due to follow shortly.

Personally, I'd love to see a 104

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian B

I we are talking about first generation mechanical units, I would like to see the 116/125 Derby's [1] and the 105 Craven's - fat chance with the later I suspect - just right for a GN inner/outer suburban layout!

If we are talking about DEMU's, well lets not go there, never mind the Blue Pullman...

[1] IIRC not a lot of differences in the body, the proto types had different engines and control systems.
Reply to
Jerry

Original Derby Lightweight 4-Car unit.

Gloucester Railcar (Class 128)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The Western sets were 8-car trains as opposed to the LM 6-car ones, and there were also differences in the power cars as well as the kitchen & parlour cars - the WR ones had a bodyside roller-blind indicator which was changed according to both the type of train (choice of Birmingham, Bristol or South Wales Pullmans) and whether it was an Up or Down train for that particular service. I think the power car seating arrangements were different, too (2nd class in power cars as opposed to the LMR sets' 1st??).

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york