Class 89 - any RTR offering from the kit builders?

G'afternoon,

I've been away from the hobby for a couple of years, so forgive me if I'm talking nonsense, but I seem to have a shaky recollection that a kit producer was offering a RTR version of the Class 89 at one point (in both I/C and GNER liveries)? Anybody know if any of these are still available from any source?

After scanning the web, the only Class 89 kit that I can find appears to be supplied by DC Kits, with no pre-assembled option. Is that correct? Or am I missing somebody?

Any advice greatly received.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
AL

"AL" wrote

Dapol actually threatened a ready to run model of the class 89 some years ago, but like many of their promises it came to nothing.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi

Yes there was a kit available either rtr or kit form finished in Intercity Executive livery, Intercity Swallow livery or GNER livery it used a Lima motor and trailing bogie it was supplied by Grantham Models and yes we still have some left.

Regards

Reply to
s9021.kell