New Southeast cars from Red Caboose

Guys In my really short spare time, when I should be doing some modeling, I have been working with Red Caboose on a few new projects for those who model the Southeast in general and the Seaboard and the Atlantic Coast Line in particular. The results are two new schemes on their outstanding 1937 car... First will be a 1937 car decorated for an Atlantic Coast Line car delivered in 1941. This offering will be in the Red Caboose line as RC-8091 for kit and RR-38091 for RTR. There will be 9 numbers available and the cars will be available as either kits or assembled models for those who don't care to do any modeling.. The next offering is a Seaboard car that is really neat...This will represent SAL 1937 cars that were built in 1944 and rebuilt in 1965 for use in hauling phosphate..The rebuild included a new sidesill and roof hatches. The modeler will have to do some modeling on these cars just like they had to do on the SAL express cars that Red Caboose did years back. These will also be available in 9 numbers as kits or as assembled models. The SAL car will be RC-8090 for kit and RR-38090 RTR.

Kits will list for approximately $17.95 and RTR will be approximately $28.95. Both will come with weights and couplers and have 9 road numbers (unless something drastic changes).

The ACL car will be here in May or June and the Seaboard should be available around September. For those who are not familiar with the outstanding offerings from Red Caboose I suggest you visit their website at

Over the years they have been a strong supporter of Southeastern Modelers and I think that these two new offerings will be great additions to their product line and neat additions to our model empires...

Regards, Denis F. Blake NS Conductor Columbus, OH TTHOTS

Reply to
WhocareswhoIam