BR 4mm scale suburban DMUs

Lima used to do the 117, are there any kits out there as the 117s are now going for silly prices and I want a 116 and 118.

They all need resprays anyway (after all the sawing)

Reply to
Martin

I was going to suggest DC Kits, but it seems they don't sell any at all! I find that surprising as there is lot of similarity between the 116/117/127/121/122 DMUs, although the fact that the Lima DMU is available, albeit at a price, is presumably why they don't make a kit of any of them.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Martin,

I visited the swapmeets at Tewkesbury and Hereford recently and was pleased to notice that there were rather more Lima DMUs for sale than last year and prices had dropped significantly, typically from about =EF=BF=BD60 for a two car set to around =EF=BF=BD40. I have no idea of your= location but it may be worth having a look in your area. My guess is that as the new Bachmann units are available and Hornby have released the Met- Camm units again a number of the 117s being used as 'stand-ins' have now been put onto the market. Just a thought.

Tony Comber

Reply to
shipbadger