creating the backscene

I am ready to start the scenery work on my oo guage model railway and intend to attach 9 inch plywood around the rear of the table and use the peco paper backscenes. The question I am asking is after fixing the plywood in place should the paper backscenes be applied before enbankments, tunnels etc... are constructed up to the plywood backboard or after enbankments, tunnels etc... have been constructed?

All that I am concerned about is that if I put the paper backscenes on first they might get splashed by paint, polyfiller, glue and scatters etc...

Any advise on this matter would be welcome.

Reply to
rossnos

I put up the backscenes first. That way you can roads and stuff into them to create distance. Just be careful with scenic material. I used that low stick masking tape from Home Depot or whatever in your country. Worked great. Here is an example for ya! Good luck Rob

Rob

I wonder if the new owners of Humbrol will reinstate their poster colours range?

(kim)

Reply to
kim