Crikey! She's a beaut!

[ re SR 4Cor units ]

pendulum

:~)

I bet the railway staff weren't sorry to see the back of those gangway connection though, they were not the easiest of things to deal with...

Reply to
Jerry

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

Bugger, and I can't afford one at the moment with the Heljan O-gauge 47 being imminent.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , John Turner writes

John

Changing the subject, you might be interested to hear that "Country File" (BBC1 11 a.m. for 1 hour, Sundays) next Sunday is coming from the Hull area.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"John Turner"

I just see the dreaded square with red cross.

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

In message , Roger T. writes

Hmmm. I get the pictures OK, and many others have, too. I can email you the page and the pictures if you like.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

So do I.

I did wonder what all that beaty-talk was about, there's not much beaty in squares with red crosses.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

I'd no problem with them & have just checked again & everything hunky-dory!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Working fine here, just tried it again.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , Jane Sullivan writes

I've just run it on my totally (!) level loop, with a load of American stock (sorry, I've not got any Australian stock to run behind it yet, although I have ordered some) and it will just about manage 60 Walthers ore cars plus 1 caboose. On the 1 in 78 incline, it won't manage more than 24 of the ore cars.

There is one slight problem. The loco contains two motors, and they seem to want to run at different speeds, which can affect adhesion. However, it is not my intention to run such long trains behind it, so I should be OK.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Error 404 occurred

Not Found ! The requested document or URL could not be found on this server. These are possible reasons that you received the error message:

1.. The host you are trying to contact may not exist. 2.. The host does exist, but the file you are asking for doesn't. 3.. The host does exist, but only as an alias (or additional A record) for another host. Try examining the reverse DNS for the host you are trying to reach, and if the reverse lookup yields a different host name, try that one instead. 4.. The host does exist, but you are trying to refer to it by IP address rather than host name. Use the host name instead of the IP address.
Reply to
Roger T.

In message , Roger T. writes

What on earth have Islandnet.com or Island Hosting got against Demon Internet?

Would you like me to email you the pictures? (They're all

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

When I link to

I get the html page but without the pictures. When I click on the first picture placeholder I link to
and get the 404 error.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

"Jane Sullivan" <

Not a clue, I'll find out.

Reply to
Roger T.

I can email the pictures to you if you like.

I've just had a look at your website. Those Proto:45 wagons really look good.

Was your first school really on Gas Works Road?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Hurray, another one for the elite and 2 hornby decoders !

I'm going, I'm going ....

Simon

Reply to
simon

That's a real good looking engine, and once you get it washed up it'll really be nice!

Reply to
video guy

In message , simon writes

Except ... it's already got a decoder, and sound to boot.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Yes, please. As the return address on this posting is invalid, please use the following address: snipped-for-privacy@modelbaneteknik.dk.

Thanks.

It was. The old gas works had been torn down some 35 years before I started school, though. But on its old premises, across the street from where we lived, was the city's slaughter houses "Den hvide kødby" ("The white meat town"), a rather huge affair for a five or six year old boy. On sundays it was a silent and empty place and marvelluos for learning the art of cycling.

Reply to
Erik Olsen DK

Jane Sullivan wrote in news:myCFL+ snipped-for-privacy@yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk:

Silly question time, if the moters are running at slightly different speeds could you not install a second decoder in order to fine tune your beastie and get both moters running togther?

Reply to
Chris Wilson

innews:myCFL+ snipped-for-privacy@yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk:

time, if the moters are running at slightly different speeds

A friend of mine has the DJH kit of the AD60 and is doing just that, but with Soundtraxx Tsunami decoders and a cam on each engine to synch the chuffs with the revolution of the wheels on that engine. Each speaker is mounted in an otherwise empty boiler barrel, one speaker firing forward into the smokebox - bottom and chimney drilled out to allow the sound out - and the other downwards through the open bottom of the firebox. Of course, only one decoder has/will have the whistle enabled.

I will post updates as it happens if anybody is interested (He is a very cautious tradesman :-) )

Regards

Steve Magee Newcastle NSW Aust

Reply to
Steve