Marklin HO & Z scale For Sale

I have listed about a 150 Marklin HO & Z scale items for sale on ebay. These auctions will end tomorrow December 3, 2006.

Please cleck on this link to see the pictures and the listings:

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
ebohnn

Looks like Hornby have had a home page facelift i like the new look kindest regards Simon judd

Simon Judd

"Simon Judd" wrote

The old website was dreadful!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

That would be because it was Hornby. Personally I find the Bachmann site pretty crap as well, as for the Heljan one, I wont comment. The best that I have seen is the Broadway Limited site.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

"Kevin" wrote

Speaking as a dealer for both Hornby and Bachmann, I would say the latter is streets ahead as it enables retailers to easily order on line and lists products currently available.

I couldn't even find details of the new Skaledale Gas Works range on the new Hornby website, so I'd ask quite what's its purpose?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Even has some for future decades.

Perhaps its customer oriented, like the company.

Merry Christmas Simon

Reply to
simon

Its nice to hear that Bachmann have set up a site that is clear and easy to use for dealers. Typical Bachmann, never consider the people who are really important, the customer. Why is there not a tab for new realeases on their site? The best that they can come up with is to select Products, then New and Expected then scroll through pages of American stuff before I get to a tiny picture of any newly released UK stuff.

Lets face it, the only thing that the established modeller is interested in is what's new this month and in that respect Hornby knock Bachmann for 6.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

"simon" wrote

I thought I was a customer of Hornby, and yet I can't find up-to-date product information on their website.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"simon" wrote

But there are indications of when items will become available, and Bachmann are not alone in failing to deliver products on time. I've just been told by Hornby that the Rebuilt Bulleid WC & BB models will not now appear this year even though they were scheduled for 2006 release.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Kevin" wrote

What really cheeses me off with the Bachmann site is the way that they have disabled the "save images" right click (with a couple of exceptions). It lets you save but when you open the file later, there is nothing there.

I complained to the site managers, Contact Digital Design Solutions, and they offered to sell me the pics on a CD for some exorbitant price!

I am assured by Hornby's "Internet Promotions Administrator" that the Large Image/Small Image problem is being addressed.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

"David Westerman" wrote >

Now working as intended (in Firefox and IE6 at least).

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

Hi David,

Another reason to use Firefox?

In Firefox, select Tools > Page Info > Media.

Select the image you want from the media list (there is a preview below the list). Then click the Save As... button.

Martin.

------------

Martin Wynne

Why not just click on the smaller image to enlarge it?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Martin,

Thanks for that! A really great tip, and it even works for the enlarged pics!

I wonder what else Firefox can do that I don't know about.

Regards,

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

Thats very naughty of them, they'll be at least a month late ! Oh look what lovely pictures of the 9f and fairburn tank in Bachmanns 2005 catalog !

Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

You don't need to look at the pictures, the models are on the shelves of your local model shop. Did it not say in the 2005 catalogue that both were scheduled for 2006 release?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

No they arent, my local model shop has given up ordering Bachmann locos.

From inside 'Wellcome ..." bit of catalogue :- 3 new models planned for

2005 :- 9f, Fairburn and something called a DMU class 108.

Think its reasonable to assume "planned for 2005" means in shops in year

2005 rather than 5 past 8 sometime in the far future.

Simon

Reply to
simon

shelves of

planned for

Go buy a dictionary and then look up the meaning of the word 'Planned', it doesn't mean 'promised.

Just be grateful that models of the quality that Hornby and Bachmann now produce are released, even if later than planned, the ungrateful have forgotten what used to be called a RTR model - or more likely never knew the good old, bad old, days!

- Jerry - who remember when the Trix 3.7mm sale was considered the best available (new) RTR British outline models or people preferred to buy SH Hornby-Dublo in preference to Triang-Hornby, always assuming that they didn't opt to build either a Wills or K's 'scale' white metal kit. /rant....

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry, I dont want to put you off replying, esp as apart from Janes valid point on the maths there was nothing in reply on my comments on Hornby pre-installing decoders, but do try to read the topics if you wish to judge posters :- question : Did it not say in the 2005 catalogue that both were scheduled for 2006 release? reply : From inside 'Welcome ..." bit of catalogue :- 3 new models planned for 2005

Irrelevent comment :- Go buy a dictionary and then look up the meaning of the word 'Planned', it doesn't mean 'promised.

First model owned was Royal Princess in BR maroon around 1960*. But you may already know am estatic with modern Hornby ones and extremely grateful to them as a company. Slightly grateful to Bachmann cos do like their Crab.

Have recently discovered the joys of GEM kits. Those wot can be built by persons with several opposing fingers and an engineering averse brain.

  • OK was 5 at the time and after the engine disappeared a few years later didnt touch another model loco for nearly 40 years. But it looked a good reply.

Simon

Reply to
simon

Two possibilities:

- Bachmann manufactures ranges for the US, Britain, Europe and China. Perhaps they take on too many new models.

- Bachmann tests the market by announcing "planned" models and then watches the market reaction. If they get enough orders they start, if not the put the file back in the "next year" basket. Also, announcing models tends to put other manufacturers off producing the same thing (or not).

I'm still waiting for the Bachmann/Liliput Baden 4 wheel coaches they announced when I was much younger!

Reply to
Greg Procter