Digitrax and suethe smoke

Hello everyone. I finally got round to installing a decoder in my Hornby Black 5 and hooked a suethe smoke unit to function 1. After putting the body back on (with a hammer!!) I was pleased to see that all worked very well.... However, after filling the suethe up with 9 - 10 drops of smoke oil, it seems that it will only do about 4 laps of my 6' by 4' test track before running out. Is this normal or can I make adjustment for Function 1 so it uses less power and last longer?? Thanks in advance Rob

Reply to
Rob K

From my experience with sueth smoke units on conventional 12 volt supply, the no 22 unit fitted to my black 5 will do about 4 laps of our 26 ftx16 ft tail chaser before running out. This is with about 10 volts going through the unit, any thing less and the smoke does not really give a pleasing effect, it just trickles out over the chimney top!

Reply to