Do you remember when.......

Yes, the decision by Lines Bros to impose the Triang style hook-and-bar on the newly merged company's products after taking over Hornby Dublo was, while understandable, simply the wrong choice from a practical perspective.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Goodge

Thgat's right - my namesake. He resurrected it recently and got it working again. It was originally described in the Muddle Railway Destructor in a series that was never finished.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I lived in Brockley, and my parents sent me to a school in Battersea. Travel to and from school involved two trains and a bus. The station where I changed trains was Denmark Hill. I'd love to see a model of that station from that time.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

John, you are right of course but what I was alluding to was that if you bought a train in the 60s/70s (pre Mainline/Airfix) that had tension locks (i.e. Triang or Triang Hornby) then the couplings would match all the others.

The early Mk 2 hook and bar wasn't a tension lock - there was no notch to provide the lock. As you suggest, the Anita coupling was excellent but nothing was fitted with it ready to run as far as I know.

The whole issue of Peco/Hornby/Trix couplings is another issue altogether!

Reply to
John Nuttall

But without the delayed action.

Reply to