Engine keeps derailing

We need to hear from someone who has actually seen the programme. If they filmed in either La Paz or Viacha in the late 70s / early 80s they could well have filmed the Shay. It was the La Paz shunter(!) for many years, then after being withdrawn it was stored at Viacha.

Reply to
Mark Newton

It's years since I've seen it, so you may be right. The book has one photo (not referenced in the text) with caption "A Vulcan Foundry tender engine [No. 206], built the 1950s, chugs into La Paz".

Reply to
MartinS

Lima? Extremely tenuously on-topic for this ng then :-))

--

***
*** Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin-co-uk) MSN: richmackin-at-hotmail-dot-com

Reply to
William Pearce