Frog polarity switching

I'm using Peco live frog points with motors attached. I then mount PL-13 accessory switches on the motors to switch the frogs. My problem is that the switch mechanism does'nt seem to travel far enough from one state to another, being limited to the distance the tie-bar can move. If I give the tie-bar a good poke with a screw-driver the switch will work. Anyone here have similar problems?

Reply to
Trespasser

Rich

"Rich" wrote

Agreed, I've used these with total success for years.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

'Fraid so. Glued the bu**ers on as well {:( Will consider the Seep option tho'

Reply to
Trespasser

Mine work fine and not directly attached to the points. They are the extended pin type and pass through a hole in the baseboard. I did find it is important to get the PL-13 mounted in exactly the right position on the motor, not too far back/forward of the pin, otherwise it puts enough force on the motor pin for it not to throw properly. If doing it again I would use tortoise motors as per our club layout. No more expensive than Peco once you have added the switch and mounting plate to the cost of the Peco motor. Why didn't I figure this out before I initially bought the motors?!!!

Hope this helps

Martin

Reply to
Martin Coombs