Hall Chassis

I have been told by my local model shop that when they last retailed the
Bachman hall they had to return or at least had allot of complaints about
the chassis, in that it could not pull much. Any one got one, if so what is
it like in the haulage steaks?
Reply to
piemanlarger
I have 2 both are able to pull 12-16 coach trains a mixture of bachman airfix and mainline coaches for long periods.
Ian Gearing
Reply to
Herman613B
I just have to ask - is that with standard gearing???? ;-)
Greg.P.
Reply to
Gregory Procter
"piemanlarger" wrote
Your model shop seem to have an awful lot of bad luck with their stock Simon. Funny it doesn't happen in mine.
Not had a single complaint about the Modified Hall, other than from me complaining that they didn't sell terribly well, but then we don't much like Gift Wrapped Rubbish in the NE of England. ;-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
In message , John Turner writes
But I thought you had satisfied customers all over the UK, not to mention world-wide!
Reply to
John Sullivan
I think I'm correct in saying that the 'Bachman Hall' was in fact developed / manufactured(?) by 'Mainline' but never issued(?) before they disappeared. I have one of those early ones issued by Replica Railways. Although I have the box I cann't find the actual loco to check but I'm sure it had the original pancake mainline motor with correspondingly poor pulling power. Later Bachman modified the chassis and then issued an updated version, I don't know if Bachman issued any of the original production but if they did that would account for the complaints.
Deatils on the Replica Railways box are No.11151 Modified Hall GWR 6975 'Graithwate Hall' Made in Hong Kong.
Alan
Reply to
Alan P Dawes
Perhaps they are selling more than yourself John, therefore they have a greater oppertunity to recieve duff models? I think I have seen a Hall working fine actually, one baught off the returns stall at Bachman in Warley.
Reply to
piemanlarger
We don't currently ship to Cuba or Kurdistan! ;-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
In message , John Turner writes
Surely that's only a matter of time!
Reply to
John Sullivan
I bought 3 Replica Halls, and 3 Bachmann Halls. All the Replica locos have the old style Mainline motor but the later version which was relatively good. Fitted with traction tyres, they pull very well and have been reliable.
The Bachmann version did not have traction tyres, so needs extra weight to pull anything more than 5-6 coaches. There is not a lot of space to work with but at least the 6 coaches can be handled without slipping. One Bachmann Hall ran very well straight away, one needed "tweeking" - I think the quartering was out, and the third was a "dog" - again quartering seemed to be the problem. I should have returned it, didn't, and ended up buying a replacement chassis later. The Bachmann Halls did, I felt at the time, gain a reputation for poor running, and I think that is why they appear not to have sold particularly well.
Colin Antrobus snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Reply to
Colin Antrobus
"Colin Antrobus" <
Yuck!
-- Cheers Roger T.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.
It was new for me - and a means of improving the Hall-age capabilities. (I'll crawl back under my rock now ;-)
Greg.P.
Reply to
Gregory Procter