Help with Dimensions

Hi all

I'm trying to find the dimensions of a UK rail tanker which was probably used for transporting fuel.

The overall length of the tank is very approx 8 metres long and 2.5 metres diameter.

Were these things manufactured to a 'standard' design?

If so where can I get dimensional details, it's the tank itself that I'm interested in.

TIA

Reply to
BJH

Do any of these look like the beasts in question?

airsmoothed

How about providing us with some starting info, from what you have told us, its like saying a car with 4 wheels.

Reply to
Kevin Martin

Hmm it's actually a tank with no chassis, sorry to be so vague but I have little information to give. The tanks are ex-railway and have been up-ended and had four support legs welded on one end and are being used as vertical storage tanks. They are of a heavy construction with a wall thickness which may be around 10-12mm thick.

Having seen the photos of the oher poster I now see that there is a miriad of designs so I'll have to go and have a measure, but it would have been nice to have a detail of the end of the tank. (which is now the top and bottom!)

Thanks for your interest.

Reply to
Barry