Hmmm - Interesting site

Looking for something else I stumbled across the linked site below. That was several hours ago.
http://www.greycat.org/papers/model.html
Interesting on several levels
Regards
Mike

Far too many long words for this philistine :(

By way of contrast to the above opinion, that site and various things it links to have stolen my evening. Thankyou, perhaps!
Eric
Part 3 Model modernity and nostalgia
" The author can see nothing beautiful about models of collieries, grain elevators, docks, cranes, roadways with tram-cars etc., and in sort, everything imaginable of an industrial nature It is, therefore, advocated that the railway enthusiast should concentrate on his railway and not be distracted by other forms of industry. In other words, make the railway picturesque and reproduce nature rather than works or factories "
Sorry but can't agree with that. Many real loco's may never have left that sort of setting once delivered from the works.
Chris
Part 3 Model modernity and nostalgia
" The author can see nothing beautiful about models of collieries, grain elevators, docks, cranes, roadways with tram-cars etc., and in sort, everything imaginable of an industrial nature It is, therefore, advocated that the railway enthusiast should concentrate on his railway and not be distracted by other forms of industry. In other words, make the railway picturesque and reproduce nature rather than works or factories "
Sorry but can't agree with that. Many real loco's may never have left that sort of setting once delivered from the works.
Chris
Agree - Also I happen to like modelling industrial areas.
Mike

Me too and as without these industries large parts of the rail network would never have been profitable and may not have even been built in the first place, it is a ridiculously romanticised view of the railways.
Fred X