Hornby 'Anzac' Britannia Class 4-6-2 Loco

Just curious-

The photos I've seen of this loco look nice, and it is supposed to be DCC ready, but is the model up to current standards?

Does it have a decent motor, accurate detailing, etc.

Thanks in advance for responses.

Peter

PS Does the tender coupling mechanism allow close coupling?

Reply to
Peter Swindon

Since no one else seems willing to answer I'll just mention the Hornby Britannia is an old tender driven design which was spruced-up with extra detail in the 1990's. You could remove the coupling altogether and just let the tender push it along :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yet another rumour. Hornby staff have been noted photting/measuring a Brit with a view to a brand new model.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Britannia is an old tender driven design which was spruced-up with extra detail in the 1990's"

EGADS- tender driven. I'm a patient fellow. More nifty new models than money, so I can easily pass and wait for that other BR Standard due later this year from Bachmann.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Peter Swindon

"kim" wrote

What happens when it needs to go in reverse? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Think Ill wait for a Loco drive version myself. The Tender drive locod I haveare not the best of runners, even under DCC Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Nothing. Doesn't the tender need an electrical connection to the loco chassis to pick up current on the side that the tender has traction tyres?

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS" wrote

Not necessarily - the latest tender drive locos have wiper pick-ups on *all* wheels, although quite what the logic is in fitting them to wheels which have traction tyres is anyone's guess.

John.

Reply to
John Turner