Knughtwing diesel pictures required

I have been searching for pictures of the Knightwing diesel on the net but couldn't find any. Does anybody know of anywhere such things exist, or alternatively does anybody have any pictures they could email me?

Thanks in advance

Stu

Reply to
Stu

"Stu" wrote

I've no pictures of the Knightwing model but think it makes up into one of these:-

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Just took a pic of the one I built last year, in a ficticious industrial livery and with Hornby couplers fitted:

Rich Mackin

Type in "Rolls Royce Sentinel" in Google and you might get a couple of sites. There are a few pics of the 4 wheel versions out there, also a couple of 6 wheel pics (just like the Knightwing model)

I've built both the 4w and 6w versions from Judith Edge kits and they're currently running this weekend a Skipton Exhibition. I'll try and phot them later and post a couple of pics.

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Thanks to all, but it's not the Sentinel I meant. Knightwing do another

0-4-0 diesel. That's the one I'm interested in.

Stu

Reply to
Stu

Aha! I've got one of those.

David

Reply to
David N

It reminds me of some of the industrial shunters built by Moyse in France- I think one or two found their way to the UK. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

That's the one. Thanks very much.

Stu

Reply to
Stu

I've just bought a Bachmann MDT Plymouth 6 wheel switcher. It looks like a nice little runner. I'm considering putting it under my as yet unbuilt Knightwing (Heljan.....IIRC) kit. However, the split chassi of the Plymouth is going to need a serious bit of thinning down!

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

How did they manage to do that with no Chunnel?

Reply to
MartinS

A little-known amphibious design, using parts recovered from Sherman DD tanks abandoned on D-Day, or more prosaically by ship. There was a shunter in one of the Humberside refineries that also resembled this style, built by either Ruston & Hornsby or Hudswell-Clarke. Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

Thou kiddest? The 66's didn't get to Britain through the Chunnel, unless there is a little-known spur to the North Americas!

And a rail-ferry was in regular cross-channel service for (?how many) years prior to the opening of the Eurotunnel. The Night Ferry was a sleeper train of French rolling stock that used to run through to Victoria via the ferry. Originally you could sleep on the train right through the crossing, but in recent years Health & Safety etc etc meant that passengers had to disembark before the train could be moved on or off the ferry.

I saw the ferry at sea one night. It had open sides, and it was all lit up like a travelling model railway showcase. Quite a strange sight.

The roll-on-roll-off services for lorries are a relatively recent development. Before that, cross-channel freight had to be transhipped on and off ordinary freight ships, or carried by air, or brought into England by continental rail wagons on the ferry.

All those massively complex, labour-intensive, and downright interesting operations, which seemed so commonplace when I was young, have been swept away by roro and the Tunnel.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Of course I was kidding. Mr. Williams' post seemed to suggest that the French shunters had found their own way to the UK, à la Thomas & Friends.

Reply to
MartinS

But then I am the Fat Controller! Regards Brian (Crew Control- Eurotunnel...)

Reply to
BH Williams

Or, in the more politically-correct North American version, Sir Topham Hat!

Reply to
MartinS