Hornby class 67

Hi all,

I saw a Hornby class 67 in my local model shop's window today (a royal maroon liveried one, for what it's worth). It was slightly too high to see clearly: does it still have rubbish Lima wheels with gigantic flanges, or something a little less ridiculous?

Thanks,

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

The wheels have been replaced with some a little less primative but unfortunately Hornby have forgotten on both 67 releases to put the horn grilles on either side of the top headlight!!

Reply to
JMUpton2000

"PhilD" wrote

They've improved the wheels and I think the lighting is better too. Certainly the quality of the paintwork is a big improvement on the Lima model, but the drive is much the same, and nowhere near as good as any of the recent Bachmann diesels, and not a patch on the Hornby 08, 31, 50 or 60.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

my 5 lima 67 all run as well as anything from Bachmann and Hornby, dont forget Diesels realy "crawl" along, the 67 has a fair turn of pace. Ps, all under dcc, though the 67 ran extrmely well on dc too.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

"Piemanlarger" wrote

You must have been very lucky Simon. Although I'm not saying that the Lima or Hornby 67s are bad, I just don't think that any of the ones which I've tested are up to the standards of Bachmann or the more recent (totally new) Hornby diesels.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

well, two of them did come from yourself, sdo i will put it down to theretailer that i got quality service and product! I find the operation of the lima 67 quite realistic.

Reply to
Piemanlarger