Hornby DCC

...and then sent to Hull to lick the boots of a certain model shop owner.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"kim" wrote

Two comments:-

a) firstly and most importantly a replacement 'Elite' arrived this morning, so my customer will be able to collect that next week and

b) I've had a similar problem with this same individual before, and my rep tells me others have too. Had that not been the case I doubt I'd have bothered to report the matter, but it's clear that as a 'Customer Care' employee that he was failing in what appears to be his primary responsibility. I've no wish to see him sacked, but the suggestion of 'retraining' seems worthy.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

a) firstly and most importantly a replacement 'Elite' arrived this morning, so my customer will be able to collect that next week

Great sales man John, two DCC controllers sold to one man ( unless you loaned him the lenz set ), I haven't managed to do that, except for a Bachmann ez command and the second unit / slave unit and that was over a two week period, I have a lot learn in selling Kindest regards Simon ( hope the lenz and hornby systems work with each other )

Reply to
Model Depot

"Model Depot" wrote

Three actually - he bought two 'Select' controllers too (admittedly in train sets) which will of course work admirably as slaves to the 'Elite'.

The Lenz set was indeed a loan.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
Model Depot

"Model Depot" wrote

Hi Simon,

The EZ-command unit is a piece of dog pooh, and will do nothing to convince your customers of the merits of DCC. I'd suggest either a Lenz Set 100 or a Gaugemaster Prodigy as being the ones most likely to get you quality sales.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It's a bit like reading the financial agony aunt column in the newspaper. Customers struggle to get satisfaction until a newspaper is involved when magically everything is sorted out.

Those that shout loudest or get most publicity will get results. Hornby have turned this into "good" publicity but there is no evidence that the actual problem has been addressed to help others in the same predicament, especially as you state in another post that others have encouontered similar problems with the same individual.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq