Hornby Grange

Just collected mine from Transport Treasures in Aston Clinton, it is the best yet. I'm running it now whilst doing this, it's great.

Reply to
J.R.Alsop

Trouble is its so light it cant handle much of a load!

Reply to
Piemanlager

How many more has he got?

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

Best yet? I was under the impression that it's the first Grange in model form!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"J.R.Alsop" wrote

Can't say the model does *anything* for me, but I'm not a GWR fan. I was, however, amazed at how light it was, almost as if they'd made the chassis out of plastic.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If it is as light as quoted, it sounds as if it is going to be another 'rice pudding' job, or does it have traction tyres? Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce

No traction tyres. The body is very light, a couple braught to our club last Tuesday could only manage 6 backman mk 1 coaches, 8 and they were constantly slipping. Why they are so light i dont know, perhaps boiler weight has given way to a DCC chip? If so, one of the DCC functions needed will be the Sanders!!!!!!!

Reply to
Piemanlager

Obviously your club layout would have curves, what radii are they, and are there any gradients? This info will allow one to make an appreciation of the model's performance. Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce

Fairly big, the layout is 16 foort wide, I would say even the tightest is about 3rd radius.

and

Not on the track the Grange was tested on.

Take it from me, this aint no heavey hauler! the model was happy with 6 bachmann mk 1 although it could easily be made to slip upon starting, any more and you had slipping while running.

Reply to
Piemanlager

I was a bit disappointed with the weathered green late emblem model. I opted for the black early emblem even though it is probabley the wrong era for my layout. When would the last black early emblem locos have run?

Kevin

Reply to
kajr