Kato Eurostar N gauge

Does any one know where I can get hold of the Kato Eurostar N gauge set. I believe it is a boxed set with 9 pieces.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Theres one for sale on ebay at the moment, not sure whether £142 is over priced or not for it though. It seems to be a 10 car set - a special edition perhaps?

Reply to
John Ruddy

They are no longer in production but do surface on eBay quite often. I'd recommend doing a search of international sites, as quite often a bargain can be had from Germany or France.

UK based sets tend to go for about £150-£200 but you may be able to get one from abroad for about £70-ish.

Finding the eight car expansion packs can be harder, though...

Reply to
Adam Warr

In message , John Ruddy writes

I thought Eurostar trains were 18 cars long.

Reply to
John Sullivan

They are, but various model manufacturers have only sold the trains in smaller packs, presumably so they can be fitted on the average layout.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Manufacturer Item No Country Period Type Description KATO 10-328 EUROSTAR 4 CAR SET 3 STANDARD + BUFFET KATO 10-327 EUROSTAR 8 CAR SET 2 POWER; 3 1ST CL; 3 STANDARD

Prices vary, I got mine in Berlin when the Pound was high against D Mark.

Good luck

Reply to
Yoda