Loco wheels

Is there a source of cast iron loco wheels for 0 Gauge?

Reply to
Tim Christian

"Tim Christian" wrote

Almost certainly, but I can't tell you who. In my previous 7mm scale days, CCW used to produce them, but don't know whether they still do.

I'd suggest searching Yahoo for a email group with an O-scale speciality and asking on there.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Home of O-Gauge used to.

Walsall Model Engineering. I think that's their namenow, used to be Wednesbury Wheels.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Tim,

Two sources that I know of.

  • Walsall Model Industries
  • AGH Miniature Engineering (Alan Harris)

Neither has a web presence but if you feed these names into Google you will get addresses, etc.

The Walsall products are not too bad and provide basic castings which give good representations of wheels, but the Alan Harris products are superb (with a price to match) and his wheels are normally modelled on specific prototypes.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

In article , Jim Guthrie writes

Alan Harris' wheels are superb but you may have to join a long waiting list.

I can recommend JPL Models (01942 896138).

There is also Alan Gibson for a limited range.

Don't ignore Slaters plastic centred wheels, I use them for locos on "light duties" say up to 10 axles - heavier trains get JPL wheels.

Reply to
John Bishop

My reason for wanting cast wheels was that I prefer split-axle collection. Unless there is a way of shorting the rims of plastic-centred wheels to the boss, only solid-metal wheels will do.

Reply to
Tim Christian

Back when I were a lad, the acepted trick was to bridge the gap with a piece of wire or strip of brass soldered at each end...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth

collection.

Yes, thought of that, but was considering spot welding to avoid softening the moulded centres.

Reply to
Tim Christian