Mail Order Follow up

"Mike" wrote
There's no easy answer to this we charge postage at cost (with no charge for packing) so if you buy something small & light you score over someone who buys something heavy - but then why should one subsidise the other?
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Maybe next day is a bit optimstic for every order but to compare with other mail order suppliers I placed an order on Sunday evening with Maplins for some electronic stuff (value 44 quid and post free), arrived in an exceptionally large box early Wednesday morning.
Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk
Reply to
Mike Parkes
From royal mail's website:
sd next day prices:
Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day
Item weight up to: Amount of compensation for loss or damage up to: £250 £1,000 £2,500 100g £3.75 £4.20 £5.10 500g £4.05 £4.50 £5.40 1kg £5.20 £5.65 £6.55 2kg £6.55 £7.00 £7.90 10kg £18.50 £18.95 £19.85
Next Steps
So, if you were offered SD for £5.20 , your packing must have been included in the purchase price.
(for reference a boxed hornby sr fighter comand loco weighs around 600g)
Craig
begin 666 blank_FineGround_3uuaudvdzq2phs32or3m5pxup_FGN_V01.gif M1TE&.#EA`0`!`)$``````/_______P```"'Y! $```(`+ `````!``$```(" $5 $`.P`` ` end
Reply to
Craig Douglas
Good point!
Also, I very nearly place an order on a web site today for a Hymek, when I worked out that for just £3 more I could get it locally today and thats what I did. So, no matter what the apparent price of the loco, when you have to add a big postage charge there is little difference between RRP and discounted?
Reply to
Mike
"Mike" wrote
It's taken you a long time to suss that Mike! ;-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
I'll let you have that one John :-) as its Christmas. Ho ho
Reply to
Mike
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:11:44 +0000, Mike Parkes <
Or what about Crucial for computer memory? You get the parts next day by first class recorded delivery and they don't charge for delivery.
Alan
Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc
Reply to
Alan Norris
"Alan Norris" > wrote
Oh yes you do - it's built into the price!
John.
Reply to
John Turner