Make your own Deltic

I'm gob-smacked that this guy even thought about building this. I still think he needs to build the whole thing, now that would be awesome.

Reply to
Ian Snowdon

In message , Ian Snowdon scribes

Oops, forgot the URL

Ian Snowdon

Why, it's only (in effect) 3 'V' engines bolted together, being two stroke there is no valve gear, as long as the model maker has the skill to make clocks so (s)he can build the phasing gear chain.....

I suspect one of the Sulzer twin-bank engines, as fitted to class 47's etc., could cause as many problems with twice as many engine components to build due to the valve gear.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

If you take a look at Model Engineer magazine you will see that the construction of miniature replicas of unusual types of engine is quite popular as a hobby.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

If I look at Model Engineer magazine I see my Dad's old friend Mike being technical editor :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

If that's Mike Crisp you are referring to, he has just resigned at the end of last year :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Mike Chrisp, yes. Retired, methinks, due to a combination of age and some very sad family circumstances ( send emu if you want to know, but I was brought up short by it in the annual letter :-( ).

is his old model club, still going strong, and he was previously a lecturer at St Albans College (now officially known as Oaklands College due to an excess of fatuous management bullshit).

Anyone who lives in the Snorbens area, I heartily recommend NLSME at Tyttenhanger on a steaming day. A great day out for kids, too.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?