Mayor's a model citizen ! Wiltshire

This is Wiltshire.co.uk

Saturday 5th January 2008

" The Mayor of Calne, Cllr Roy Golding, will plant a ceremonial tree at Elm Park today. "

Dragon Heart

Dragon Heart wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Forgive the Americanism but I think that's rather "cute" - not a word that I would normally use.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Dragon Heart writes

What a great bit of Press Release by someone at the club. I used a similar approach with the headline "Mayor to be next Rod Stewart" with our South Shore exhibition in December.

It's always useful to contact the local mayor or some other dignitary who are usually only too happy to come along. It doesn't cost you too much either just a cup of tea and a biscuit and, in our case a bunch of flowers for the (lady) mayor.

If anyone would like to see just how our press releases (2) were written let me know and I'll post the. You're welcome to use to general format for your own purposes.

Reply to
Mike Hughes