Mystery Bachmann Crab detailing parts

Can any tell me what the following mystery parts in the Bachmann Crab detail pack are for please ?

1) A rectangular box with open top, one open end, a slot in the base and a countersunk screw hole. The assembly diagram suggests it fits inside the loco body so why do I need a spare - what is it ? 2) Two very small stepped diameter pins, the smallest diameter is probably a locating pin.

Any ideas - I haven't a clue !

Thanks, Richard.

Reply to
Richard J. Webb

"Richard J. Webb" wrote

It's to accomodate & insulate a DCC decoder.

No idea.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Ok, thanks John, it did vaguely cross my mind about DCC. Maybe the small pins are just waste from the moulding sprues - will save them though just in case they're not. Cheers, Richard.

Reply to
Richard J. Webb

Front tender buffers, between loco and tender.

John

Reply to
John Richards

Thanks !! I'd never have guessed that - a note in the packaging would be helpful. I looked all over the loco for locating holes but didn't think about the tender. Cheers, Richard

Reply to
Richard J. Webb