New Hornby Releases, Was Re: Test

Thanks DW, much more helpful :)
> Seems to be a very quiet period here on the newsgroup then...
> Ian J.
Alright then, what does everybody think about the new Hornby releases which
were not announced in the catalogue?
e.g. LSWR M7, GWR Terrier.
Details at

Is this a portent of more pre-grouping products?
DW
Reply to
David Westerman
I must admit I do like the look of the LSWR M7, but it's outside my chosen modelling eras, so difficult to justify (I have to think of making an exception though ;-)
Reply to
Ian J.
Rule 1 It's your railway so.... Rule 1a There's a prototype for (very nearly almost) everything, it's just that no one was there to take a photo.
MBQ
Reply to
manatbandq
Hehe, well, there are finances to consider, I haven't found a money tree yet ;-)
I've got to think about Maunsell coaches later this year when Hornby release those, and also a BR Standard Mogul from Bachmann...
Reply to
Ian J.
The message from Greg Procter contains these words:
You started off wrong, didn't you? Too many blokes have to ask permission these days. No wonder the world's in such a bad way...
Reply to
David Jackson
Yep mine was waiting for me this morning. Its an absolute beauty. I'm trying to stick to around 1935 but there will be days when will zoom forward to early BR so can have more rebuilt Scots and a rebuilt Patriot.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
No, I don't think I started out wrong - happily married 37 years and my loco collection has risen from 4 to 120 in that time. Consensus seems to work for us.
Greg.P.
Reply to
Greg Procter
The message from Greg Procter contains these words:
I'm just two years of happy marriage behind you, but perhaps our version of consensus is a bit different to yours - and I don't need 120 locos.
Reply to
David Jackson
Just a beginner then!
I only need around 80, but it's good to have the odd backup. She buys jewellery.
Greg.P.
Reply to
Greg Procter
The message from Greg Procter contains these words:
I could use 3 or 4 more Black Fives (N-gauge), again as back up. Madam makes Honiton Lace: intricate patterns which take months to make and are slightly bigger than a postage stamp when complete. Keeps her quiet while I'm working on the railway... She'd like to buy antiques, but she's got me so she doesn't bother.
Reply to
David Jackson

Site Timeline