New Hornby Releases, Was Re: Test

Thanks DW, much more helpful :)

> Seems to be a very quiet period here on the newsgroup then... > Ian J.

Alright then, what does everybody think about the new Hornby releases which were not announced in the catalogue?

e.g. LSWR M7, GWR Terrier.

Details at

Is this a portent of more pre-grouping products?

DW

Reply to
David Westerman

David Westerman said the following on 28/09/2007 11:24:

I do like the LSWR M7!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

I must admit I do like the look of the LSWR M7, but it's outside my chosen modelling eras, so difficult to justify (I have to think of making an exception though ;-)

Reply to
Ian J.

Ian J. said the following on 28/09/2007 13:08:

Justify? Wassat then?? :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Rule 1 It's your railway so.... Rule 1a There's a prototype for (very nearly almost) everything, it's just that no one was there to take a photo.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Hehe, well, there are finances to consider, I haven't found a money tree yet ;-)

I've got to think about Maunsell coaches later this year when Hornby release those, and also a BR Standard Mogul from Bachmann...

Reply to
Ian J.

"Ian J." wrote

First example is already out.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Really? I'll have to check that out... :-)

Reply to
Ian J.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

You don't have a wife or partner of the opposing gender?

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"simon" wrote

We had them yesterday Simon.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

On 29/09/2007 06:55, Greg Procter said,

How can you tell? ;-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

If you have one you don't get to tell, you only listen. (and then get it wrong )-8=

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

The message from Greg Procter contains these words:

You started off wrong, didn't you? Too many blokes have to ask permission these days. No wonder the world's in such a bad way...

Reply to
David Jackson

Yep mine was waiting for me this morning. Its an absolute beauty. I'm trying to stick to around 1935 but there will be days when will zoom forward to early BR so can have more rebuilt Scots and a rebuilt Patriot.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

No, I don't think I started out wrong - happily married 37 years and my loco collection has risen from 4 to 120 in that time. Consensus seems to work for us.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

The luxury of running one's own railway!

Reply to
MartinS

The message from Greg Procter contains these words:

I'm just two years of happy marriage behind you, but perhaps our version of consensus is a bit different to yours - and I don't need 120 locos.

Reply to
David Jackson

Just a beginner then!

I only need around 80, but it's good to have the odd backup. She buys jewellery.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

The message from Greg Procter contains these words:

I could use 3 or 4 more Black Fives (N-gauge), again as back up. Madam makes Honiton Lace: intricate patterns which take months to make and are slightly bigger than a postage stamp when complete. Keeps her quiet while I'm working on the railway... She'd like to buy antiques, but she's got me so she doesn't bother.

Reply to
David Jackson