New Hornby Releases, Was Re: Test

Its a joint line, the senior partner being the 7 year old teenager with attitude.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Sounds like my grandson, who's just 3 weeks short of his 3rd birthday!

When his Dad asked if it was OK to play with his wooden Thomas trains, he thought for a moment and then said, "Yes, you may play with my toys."

Reply to
MartinS

Well, I went to my local retailer yesterday and saw the Maunsell FKs and CKs, so got one of each that they had.

First impressions are that they look the part (though I've not compared them to the drawings/photos yet, so can't vouch for accuracy). They run well, they have separate door handles etc, basically to the high standard now coming to be expected from Hornby coaches. One item of note, they have included the Roco type close coupling in the box, so for those of us wanting to make up Southern and BR(S) coach sets, these will prove invaluable.

Well done Hornby, I can see myself getting quite a few of these for my layout. Now, if only Bachmann had any interest in Southern still, it would be nice to see upgraded Bulleids to go with them. And also upgraded Thompsons (S&DJR, etc). Oh, and a U class mogul, and, and... ;-)

Reply to
Ian J.