LBSC Railway shed at Tunbridge Wells West station

What I need in order to model this massive [to my eyes] 4 track shed at the MPD for Tunbridge Wells West station, Built I suspect by LBSC railway in

190? is the real drawings or at least some better attempts than those shown at

Does anyone have any clues as to who to approach and how to get some better drawings/ photographs etc, specifically it is the dimensions of the shed that are bugging me, 3 different measuring methods produce three different answers ? The bloody great shed, if I can model it will be the center piece building for my 2mm model of what is now Tunbridge Wells and Eridge Preservation society's line.

PS I did put a metre rule between the tracks :) the photo is the last one" up there". Thanks to all for their thoughts on "the four foot", "the six foot" and I understand "the ten foot" too :) {R}

Reply to
{R}

}at

Shit at

sorry :(

{R}

Reply to
{R}

{R} said the following on 25/09/2007 14:39:

The photos aren't that bad - there's no need to call them that :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

You could try The Brighton Circle, a society that studies the LBSCR. Put "Brighton Circle" into Google and you should find something. Alternatively try the Bluebell Railway.

Reply to
John Shelley

Suprised you need more, that one DSCN0076 will give the size of a unit by counting bricks. Then use one of the wider ones to get number of units and any extras.

How accurate does it need to be ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I would agree with Simon. The pictures could be good enough to draw up plans for a decent model. Since it is such a large building you might find that you have to scale it down proportionally so that it doesn't 'over power' the rest of your layout. That can be done by either scaling down everything proportionally, or can be done by shortening and/or narrowing the building if the proportional method makes features like doors too small.

Also, if you can get access to a large scale OS map of the area, you should get a fairly accurate ground plan of the building to give you a base size to start from.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

This may help?

?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

When I read the title I thought it was referring to the fellow who used to write for the ME!

Reply to
Alan Holmes