Not Godwin

I presume that the folk who would find this 'amusing' are currently spending their holiday weekend doing a constant 60mph in the middle lane of a motorway, as usual (probably also with their rear fog lights on).
Reply to
sutartsorric
Made me smile - and I don't have any lights attached to my rear (yet), but I do share living space with a cat. 60mph is a bit fierce, the furry dice tend to catch you in the eye as they whip about.
Regards
Mike
Reply to
Mike Smith
I've had similar experiences with our cats the more adventurous one watches trains descending the helix and attempts to catch them. He's knocked one off but luckily no serous damage.
Reply to
Chris
If you follow the links there is some truly inspirational modelling to see. If you can do better, show us.
MBQ
Reply to
manatbandq
... or towing a caravan ...... or both !
One great disappointments in my life to date was to find out 'cat gut' strings are not actually made of cat gut :-(
I=92m a dog kind of person =93 The More People I Meet the More I Like my Dogs =93
Try
I do recall seeing this loco in Germany
Chris
Reply to
Dragon Heart
This is also a good site
Dont ask me why ......... but I just find it funny :-))))))))))))))))
'cat gut' ! you could also say some animals put body and foal into something ........ sorry !
Reply to
Dragon Heart
No, just baaaaaaaaaaad.
(And perhaps a bit sheepish.)
He was just trying to get your goat.
Reply to
Lobby Dosser
Naw. Goats do nothing for me.
Sheep, on the other hand, can really light up your life.
Twibil
Naw. Goats do nothing for me.
Sheep, on the other hand, can really light up your life.
You have to love those dogs! A joy to watch live or on film. A joy to share a home with.
Once had a Sheltie/Alsatian mix and the next door neighbor had a Border Collie. Neither dog was allowed to cross the street on their own and could be trusted not to do so. Got so that all the free roaming dogs in the neighborhood would cross the street before they got to our block. Any that forgot or were new were promptly rounded up and kept in our front yards by our sheep dogs. One would lie down while the other would 'guide' and then they'd swap. Much like tag team wrestling. And it would continue until one of us realized what was going on and released the 'sheep'. Cats, OTOH, were promptly escorted off the premises!
Reply to
Lobby Dosser
We have a slightly different sort of dog out of sheer necessity: we live in the undeveloped foothills (badlands) of southern California, and regularly have possum, raccoon, bobcat, coyote, skunk, deer, wild boar, and the occasional mountain lion passing through our neighborhood. Herding any of those is pretty much a lost cause, so we settle for dogs that will chase them away with gusto.
Works pretty well with traveling salesmen and prosthelytizing fundies as well. (Said the man who was in our yard last week checking the gas pipes: "AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGH! GET AWAY! GET AWAY!")
He lived.
~Pete
Reply to
Twibil
We have a slightly different sort of dog out of sheer necessity: we live in the undeveloped foothills (badlands) of southern California, and regularly have possum, raccoon, bobcat, coyote, skunk, deer, wild boar, and the occasional mountain lion passing through our neighborhood. Herding any of those is pretty much a lost cause, so we settle for dogs that will chase them away with gusto.
are great. There was one in the yard behind us for a while and when he stuck his head over the fence it was like watching the moon rise. Eyes shone blue in light. Came home one night and wife tells me our beagle got through the fence to his yard. As the beagle was sitting on the couch with me, I asked her how she got him back. She casually said she'd climbed the fence and got him. 'Bout had a heart attack!
BTW, we've got all those animals except the wild boar and we live in the burbs of Portland. Oh, plus bear. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Works pretty well with traveling salesmen and prosthelytizing fundies as well. (Said the man who was in our yard last week checking the gas pipes: "AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGH! GET AWAY! GET AWAY!") ------------------------------------------------------------------ At one point we had a pit bull/boxer mix. Most gentle dog you ever saw - carried the cats in her mouth! But if someone was at the door, all I had to do was touch her collar and she was Cerberus Unchained, growling, barking, bashing at the screen. Solicitors were known to jump backwards off the porch.
Reply to
Lobby Dosser
Just no-kill shelter adoptees; not really Rotties. They wear similar underwear because that marking pattern is genetically dominant, but our vet's best educated guess is a Retriever/Rottie/Chow/Pit Bull/God- only-knows-what mix of some kind. (Said he: "All I can tell you for sure is that they're dogs on both sides of the family.")
They're really just good all-around dogs who share a preoccupation with chasing furry animals (SQUIRREL!) and who share our lives and our sofas as well.
~Pete
Reply to
Twibil

Site Timeline