Off Topic The Social Enterprise Awards 2009

A Derbyshire special school that is transforming the hopes and aspirations of young people with autism is hoping people will vote online for it to win a prestigious UK Social Enterprise Award at

The Social Enterprise Awards find and reward the best social enterprises in the UK, and are run by the Social Enterprise Coalition.

Holbrook Centre for Autism is "Working in a social enterprise has already made a huge difference to young people with autism and learning disabilities at the Centre. It has helped them to believe in themselves and to better understand their abilities, as well as to cope with the challenges they face. Perfect Pots is proving to people in the local area that young people with autism can make a positive contribution to their community. We hope our nomination will help spread this message to the whole of the UK. Please vote for Perfect Pots and help us to give people with autism a brighter future."

Karen, a parent of one of the students at Holbrook Centre for Autism, said: "I used to spend sleepless nights worrying about what would happen when my son left school. Perfect Pots has made me realise that he really can have a future, a decent quality of life and be happy as an adult. We need more social enterprises like Perfect Pots."

Dylan, a student working for Perfect Pots, said "I like making Perfect Pots and earning money"

Please go online and vote for the Holbrook Centre for Autism and encourage others to do the same.

They are being considered alongside two comprehensive schools so it is really important that the voting information is shared with as many people as possible.

Thank you

Chris Brett

Reply to
Dragon Heart