PD Hancock's Kirkgate

As promised, I have uploaded the plan for P.D. Hancock's Kirkgate. Images at:

Enjoy, LD

Reply to
LDosser

Nice, but can we have bigger images, please? Or do I have to join Flickr to get bigger images?

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

"Wolf K" wrote

I was about to ask the same.

I'm a member of Flickr, and that doesn't provide larger images if the ones uploaded are small.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I uploaded large images. You should see an 'all sizes' button above the image. When you click that, you should see a larger image. I just now made it open for downloading, so that may help. I tried it using another account and it does work for anyone other than me. Please let me know if it is fixed.

Reply to
LDosser

Please see answer to John. LD

Reply to
LDosser

"LDosser" wrote in news:hcj4t2$4ih$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I do like the corrugated iron press. I?m just off to the garage now to make one, might even try to incorporate some Stanley Knife blades so it sizes at the same time.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

A couple of Coffee jar caps Work well too If you want to roll your own

Reply to
Trev

"Trev" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net:

Another plendid idea - however I have now built the Christopher Wilson Mk1 self sizing wriggly tin press :-)

Need to build a Mk2 though, the can get a little stuck at the moment getting it of the press and it can tare.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Thanks, didn't realise you had to open the image first.

Now them was the good old days!

cheers, wolf k.

Reply to
Wolf K

Was lamenting on that last night to my wife. Just finished reading an article in 'Great Model Railroads'. The article was written by one of the hobby 'Greats', a building was built to house the railroad, somebody else designed the electronics and did the wiring, an artist was commissioned to paint the backdrop, the hobby 'Great' recruited a scenery 'Great' and the two Greats built the scenery with some help from the owner, etc. I suspect P.D. Hancock did it all and if he did have help it was volunteer help. The hobby press needs to get back to encouraging DIY.

Reply to
LDosser

Just wanted to say thanks - Very much enjoyed those posts. Also agree with the last poster - I find the availability of commercial scenic items better than I can make a bit off-putting.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

From reading the old Railway Modeller articles, he wasn't very old when the first articles were written, and he sounded rather a loner!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

You're welcome.

Yeah, my old bumpy chenille trees do seem a bit dated ...

Reply to
LDosser