Peco double slip SL-E190

I've recently picked up some Peco 00 streamline double slip (electro frog) SL-E190. Unfortunately there's no wiring instructions with them. I've tried wiring them up but they seem to be permanently live, and I know I need to use insulated rail joiners, but I'm wary of just wiring the double slips in any gung-ho fashion. (I didn't realise they were electro frog when I bought them!) Can anyone help me out here?

Reply to
Snark Hunter

If you are using point motors you need to fit them with auxiliary switches, PL-13 or PL15. The polarity of the frog at one end should be switched by the motor at the other end, and vice versa. If using manual operation you need to rig up microswitches to do the same thing.

Use of insulated rail joiners depends on the rest of the layout and how it is wired. Think of the double slip as two turnouts connected together at the blade end. You have to avoid feeding into the frog. Feeds should always come from the blade end.

If you want to send me your proposed plan I can make suggestions for you.

Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Some??????

Over here they going for around Can$90 each!

That's what, about UKP40 each?

Who can afford "some"?

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Roger T

Hattons are selling them for 25 quid each.

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I think they are somewhere between UKP25 and 30 but who cares? That's why I learnt to build my own track years ago. Then I can have any formation I want. Most common UK track formations are impossible with commercial track anyway. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Doh! Auxiliary switches! *bangs head against wall*

Thanks for the useful advice. I might take you up on your offer to glance over the plans.

Snark Hunter

Reply to
Snark Hunter

I picked up 4 double slips for £20 second-hand. I take it I got a bargain!

Reply to
Snark Hunter

In message , Snark Hunter writes

Depends. If they work, then yes, otherwise no.

Reply to
John Sullivan