Pins into flexitrack.

Here comes a small rant: Why-oh-why don't Peco put pin holes through the sleepers of OO nickel silver Flexitrack like they do in their Setrack?

Pinning Flexitrack down outside (not that that prob'ly makes a difference), through every sleepers apart should I pin it, please?

Reply to
Brian Watson

Quite. Abstrads.

I'm pinning every 150mm, but I bet that's wrong ;-)

Lovely track, though. Really easy to get a smooth curve, the rails slide in the chairs so much easier than H*rnby flextrack. And so it should, at double the price ;-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

A 3 foot length has 129 sleepers, so if you started with the first one and did every 16th (or 8th on curves) you'd end up on the last one. I move the two end holes in to the second sleeper.

I like the new improved Atlas flextrack - it's cheaper than Peco in N. America, the sleepers/ties are drilled, and only one rail slides through the fasteners, making it easier to maintain even spacing.

Reply to
MartinS

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Which track's twice the price of Hornby?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hatton's prices are very close.

Here, Atlas flextrack is about 2/3 the price of Peco. A new shop has opened only 5 miles away selling Hornby - including track, which is very difficult to get hold of in Canada. Peco Settrack is also hard to find.

Reply to
MartinS

Peco. More or less, anyway. Maybe my last lot of Hornby was particularly cheap? About 1.20 per yard. I see that Hattons' prices for both are similar, which makes the choice even easier :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Hornby did have some special offers on track a little while ago, but from memory current RRP on both is as follows:-

Peco £2.35 / yard Hornby £1.99 / meter.

I personally would be the extra for two reasons:

a) Peco is easier to work with and b) Peco is made in the UK and is keeping British people in jobs.

Clearly the latter is not a factor for everyone, but I consider it seriously relevent.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Is that like-for-like?

I'm using Peco's nickel silver track.

Reply to
Brian Watson

Two sound reasons, I feel *much* less guilty now :-)

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?