Point operation using "ground frame" style switching ?

I noticed from Guy=92s website he has experimented with "ground frame" style switching ...... has anyone got details of how to do this that they could pass on please ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

I used brass tube and piano wire, I don't have exact details to hand but will make some content when I get one of those round tuit things. I put a dogleg in the end of the piano wire, feed this through the hole in the point bar, mount the point, then slide the brass tube over the piano wire. Start with the point furthest away from the operating position and work in. You can accommodate gentle bends so that the rods all terminate in a nice parallel row, and if you run your track on cork on top of the baseboard then the rods can be run at baseboard level and the cork cut round them, which seems to work quite well.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?