Price rises on the way?

On 22/07/2005 14:23, John Turner wrote,
Absolutely ditto. If they dropped 20%, I'd be round the estate agent's faster than a rat up a drainpipe. I don't want it both ways - I want to own a house! I won't be buying a house with a view to selling it on, I'll be buying it to live in.
Reply to
Paul Boyd
The message from "kim" contains these words:
You mean "drastic" as in a rise to the 18% mortgage rate I was paying in 1975/6...? Or something a bit nearer to sanity?
Reply to
David Jackson
I mean a doubling of interest rates as happened between May 1988 and October 1989 which caused house prices to drop by 42% between 1989 and 1996 (when measured as a multiple of household income).
kim
Reply to
kim
The message from Ken Parkes contains these words:
And they know that fast running is needed when they see someone from the Valleys with wellies and a pair of velcro gloves... ;-)
Reply to
David Jackson
In message , Rob Kemp writes
I think I ought to remind all of you that the last time someone was prosecuted in the UK for performing lewd and unnatural acts with a sheep, he was English.
Reply to
Jane Sullivan
I reckon that the key thing that causes house prices to fall is unemployment due to recession - do we want recession?
Ian J.
Reply to
Ian J.
"Jane Sullivan" wrote
I hate to say this but a guy was convicted in Hull a couple of years back for lewd and unnatural acts with a goat. His defence was that it was a female goat, and he didn't realise it was illegal.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"MartinS" wrote
That's not the point, the point is that at current levels first time buyers cannot buy a house.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
And to bring this thread (somewhat) back on topic, he was doing it by the side of a railway line and a whole trainful of passengers witnessed the act!
Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Site Timeline