Re: 00 track

>> Yeah, yeah, I know. Lewisham has a pretty sharp curve a well. >> >> Maybe I should have said that most curves that you are allowed to travel >> at more than 30 m.p.h. around are almost straight. >> >It's that curve between London Bridge and Charing Cross that gets me; >the screech of metal is loud and horrendous and I've never been round it >and not heard that sound. I don't know how tight it is but I doubt there >are any tighter on the network.

The link from Skelton Junction to the former Altrincham-Manchester line is pretty tight. Everything slows right down and those awful 'westmister four wheeler' 2 car units must annoy people for a mile or more around. The ols altricham-manchester line is now Metrolink trams but the end near altrincham itself has one line for trains the other for trams. The trains mow turn off and take the old freight line via Skelton Junction (the former hum of the CLC system) through Northenden to Stockport (LNWR) . The curve leading onto the Altrincham line is the tightest I know of and as it winds under bridges etc I suspect its always been like that.

Reply to
Mike