Re: DEMU Showcase, Burton

My 'best bit' was returning from the show with a Lenz 100 set and half a dozen modules (although I have managed to fry one of them already). But I did enjoy the show - some great layouts, plenty of inspiration and of course I came home with some of those extra little detailing bits and bobs. All-in-all a great day.

Reply to
Dave Potter

Another convert ;-) Good to meet you Dave and your good lady.

Nick

Nick Gurney

For once I had my head screwed on properly and bought the TR100 as well.

Love the slow speed control-ability and also the fact I can still use my non-DCC locos (albeit only one at a time). As my layout is still festooned with isolating sections I can have quite a few non-DCC locos 'on the layout', although this facility will disappear sometime over the next 3 weeks (my holiday) as I get rid of them (the isolating sections).

Have yet to get to grips with programming the modules - I can do the loco address ok, but the rest (speed steps etc.) at the mo calls for a bit of head-scratching. But no doubt I'll get there one day :-)

ATB Dave

Reply to
Dave Potter

Was good to meet you too Nick. Really appreciated the little demo you gave me - it WAS you that finally persuaded me to buy the gear. As soon as I saw the gear on sale (which I wasn't expecting) I made a bee-line for you - and that was it!

Anyway, many thanks again.

Reply to
Dave Potter

I use some free software called DecoderPro available from

it runs under most common operating systems and should interface with the Lenz system, makes programming decoders a breeze as well as allowing you to have a backup of all your decoder settings, handy when you inadvertantly mess something up!

I use Digitrax and don't know much about the Lenz sets, do they have a computer interface? If not then the SPROG from

may be the best way to go.

The only decoder I ever fried was a Lenz, I had an intermitten short between one of the track pickups and a motor brush, once I found the problem I returned the decoder to Lenz and they replaced it free of charge under their 'Goof Proof Warranty', it should work for you too.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Reply to
Ian

"Ian" wrote I use Digitrax and don't know much about the Lenz sets, do they have a computer interface? If not then the SPROG from

may be the best way to go. Ian

I too can vouch for this, I use decoder pro and SPROG on my PC. The latest now lets you run a loco as well as programming all those fiddly bits and test them straight away... SPROG is about £40, but well worth it !

Andy (One of the first SPROG users)

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Thanks for that Ian / Andy - will look into it. (have already d/loaded Decoder Pro but not much good until I have the connection to the system)

Reply to
Dave Potter

Andy,

Thanks for the plug;-)

If anyone wants to know more then use the e-mail link on the web page. Any replies to the address I use for posting here are binned due to the amount of spam I receive.

Andrew (SPROG) Crosland

Reply to
Andrew

Why? The isolating sections aren't doing any harm and if you ever decide to look into transponding or block control or anything similar you'll find they come in very useful!

Reply to
Michael Walker

"Andrew" wrote Andy,

Thanks for the plug;-)

If anyone wants to know more then use the e-mail link on the web page. Any replies to the address I use for posting here are binned due to the amount of spam I receive.

Andrew (SPROG) Crosland

Andrew, Your welcome ! Besides, I didn't know you lurked here as well?

Credit where it is due, and a fine bit of electrical masterpiece it is for what task it does! So much easier to programme with DP and Sprog!

Andy