Re: Necropolis Railway

Just finished reading an interesting thriller set in Edwardian London,

>and centred around the Necropolis Railway, which used the line from >Waterloo to Woking to carry funerals from central London to the huge >cemetery at Brookwood. > >Good reading and full of railway interest.

There is also a book (Oakwood?) on the history of the real thing. I've not read it, but I've seen it around.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

I have, its very good, the book you are thinking of is:

The Brookwood Necropolis Railway, by John M Clarke, Locomotive Papers 143,

3rd Edition Oakword Press 1994,

Cheers

David

Reply to