Re: Need a replacement 'Step' for Hornby Loco, any scource of engine 'bits'?

I have just bought a very old Hornby tank loco R.455 which has a missing

>step. I would like to replace this and wondered if anyone knew of a source >of loco 'bits' perhaps white metal castings etc. > Another solution would be to make a mould of the good one and perhaps make > a replacement using Polymorph, a plastic that can be moulded after heating > in hot water. Can anyone suggest a way to make a mould? > Thanks. >

very complicated for a step. bit of brass from scrap, bend it, solder it, glue it, file it - but not in that order. Will make a better one than with white metal and poss than plastic.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"W" wrote

It should be easy enough to fabricate a replacement out of a few scraps of sheet plastic.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Alistair Wright '5522' Models