Smallest station idea

Surely must be to model the Beer Crate Halt on the Kemble - Tetbury branch line!

Reply to
invalid

Do you mean Trouble House Halt? I wonder if anyone has ever modelled all the stations on The Slow Train? Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Are you referring to the Chesterton Lane halt? I thought it to be a wonderful example in how to build a station in 2 hours using nothing more than a shovel!

Regards

Reply to
Sailor

Taking these together, and referring to "The Tetbury Branch" by Stephen Randolph, pub Wild Swan Publications 1985 ISBN 0 906867 35 5

The map on page 84 shows Beer Crate Halt and Troublehouse Halt to be at two different locations.

I cannot locate the picture which I have seen of Beercrate Halt, but the map shows it to be at the end of a lane which might well be Chesterton Lane. (There is no Chesterton Lane Halt shown on the map)

The narrative refers to the farm cottages at Little Larkhill Farm and the residents who left a metal beer crate at this unofficial stop to save the walk into Tetbury.

OTOH GWR Country Stations:2" by Chris Leigh, pub Ian Allan 1984 ISBN 0 7110 1438 8 shows a picture of Troublehouse Halt on page 75 and claims it also to be Beer Crate Halt. Perhaps a popular misquotation of, "Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder"? :-)

Reply to
invalid

Following on from my other post to you, and from my knowledge of the area, Chesterton Lane is in Cirencester, and might well have been a halt on the OTHER branch from Kemble!

And, from the map on page 4 of "The Cirencester Branch" by Nigel Bray, pub The Oakwood Press, 1998, ISBN 0 85361 504 7, there is Chesterton Lane Halt!

There are two photos of the halt on page 104 and a description on page 105.

Odd, but his book seems to brand new that I cannot have even opened it before!

Reply to
invalid

Just the job for the (announced) AC Cars 4-wheel railbus from Heljan...

Reply to
Jerry

Especially as the Tetbury book has a picture of one with the steps folded down for those places where there is no platform (or maybe just a beer-crate)!

Reply to
invalid