Smoking ban

The thought that the smoke from a tiny engine is going to cause any serious harm is CRAP.
Certainly compared with the amount of second hand smoke breathed in by people close to smokers.
How many model engines do you come close to in a year?
Reply to
Alan Holmes
I have a strong feeling that is what he was referring to when he said 'which is a personal choice and its effects ought to be limited to you'.
Reply to
Alan Holmes
None, but the potential is there - and that's the whole rationale of the "ban it" brigade!
Richard
Reply to
beamendsltd
Apart from "hands-free" models they are also banned for use while driving; or so I am led to believe. The number of irresponsible, it-can't-happen-to-me, drivers I see every day using hand-held mobiles makes me wonder if anybody does anything about enforcing this Law.
David Costigan
Reply to
David Costigan
No such laws yet in most of US and Canada, but people have been observed texting, and e-mailing with their Blackberries while driving. Scary.
Reply to
MartinS
Depends ,I was subject to a clip around the ear from Mother which seemed pretty serious at the time. As the nearest stockist for the perfumed stuff Tri-ang used to supply was a two day camel ride away in a rarely visited town I found substitutes. Tractor vapourising oil threw out a good amount of smoke as did Diesel. Using tractor gearbox oil was a bit too much for her. Non of my coach roofs or the Tunnel mouth needed weathering powders ,not that such things were about or of concern to me then. Trouble was the wallpaper got weathered as well.
G.Harman
Reply to
oldship
So much for the GOV enforcing the law on using mobiles while driving. Didn't save two motorcyclists, when a white van man veered across a country road into the path of two un coming motorcyclists. result; one killed outright, the other seriously injured.
Hope the WVM get's the book thrown at him, 5 years min.
K9-70
Reply to
Wilson Adams
As an ex biker I would say :-
Lifetime ban,
Crush his car & phone,
Put him in the stocks at the next UK Superbike race,
Remove the hand he was holding the mobile with,
Then burn him at the stake.
My friend got killed buy a idiot who was lighting his cigar when the accident occurred.
Chris
Reply to
Dragon Heart
Police here don't use the word "accident", which implies that it was unavoidable. They always say "collision".
Reply to
MartinS
I tried 3-in-1 in my old Triang Midland 3F (the tubes of smoke oil were hideously expensive). It worked quite well.... for a bit, and then the element failed.
Richard
Reply to
beamendsltd
I assume you mean that you couldn't care less, not that you are careless, cos that wouldn't make sense.
No, I don't have a problem with that. However, I do have a problem with control freaks who think that they should be able to impose their wishes for a smoke-free environment on the owners and customers of establishments in which smoking used to be permitted. The shop I buy my cigars from springs to mind. The private club that used to run "whisky and cigar" nights in a seperate room from the rest of the club does too.
The anti-smoking extremists wouldn't have gone into that shop, or taken part in the whisky tasting, anyway, so weren't being "harmed"! Nor were the staff being "harmed" - you have to be a smoker anyway to work in a cigar shop or to run a whisky and cigar night, cos a non-smoker wouldn't be able to talk knowledgeably about cigar and pipe tobacco!
Reply to
David Cantrell
Of course, they're only good at spotting fast driving. They can't spot dangerous driving. You need traffic patrols for that, but they're expensive.
Reply to
David Cantrell
No thats the next part of the plan, as speed cameras can't spot dangerous driving they will be installing cctv on main roads to watch your driving. The footage will be overseen by a minimum wage worker who will just take registration details and enter into the computer so a fixed penalty notice will be automatically sent.
Reply to
estarriol

Site Timeline