SMP John Turner

Sorry all , my computer is in the shop along with all email address. John do you stock Scaleway track and joiners? Thanks Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

"Rob Kemp" wrote

We used to stock this Rob, but demand was poor and we ceased to handle the range around ten years ago - sorry!

Not even sure who owns the range these days; it used to be The Train Shop in Warwick.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I think the same people own the range although I believe the shop in Warwick has closed. You can get it mail order from Mainly Trains

or from Steam at One who handle non-trade direct sales for SMP snipped-for-privacy@hayman.fsbusiness.co.uk.

Reply to
John Nuttall

It was open a few weeks back when I went ??

However, the model railway in the back was curtained off, and there did appear to be someone new behind the counter as I overheard him say to the female "I hate having to pass every customer request to you, I know nothing!" Now I'm not sure if he was referring to the computer stock system (for orders) or just the hobby in general.

Quality stock, if not quantity !

Andy

I think the same people own the range although I believe the shop in Warwick has closed. You can get it mail order from Mainly Trains

or from Steam at One who handle non-trade direct sales for SMP snipped-for-privacy@hayman.fsbusiness.co.uk.

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Sollis CVMRD" Newsgroups: uk.rec.models.rail Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 5:15 PM Subject: Re: SMP John Turner

Not the same shop. "The Train Shop" (retail downstairs, SMP HQ upstairs if memory serves) closed quite some time ago. A new shop opened fairly recently, up nearer towards the castle - I don't think there's any connection at all to the old business.

Graham

Reply to
theoldsalt

from Steam at One who handle non-trade direct sales

Thanks John and all Mainly trains have the track but not the joiners which I need more right now. Will Peco joiners work, they seem a bit big? Rob

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Trainswww.mainlytrains.comorfrom Steam at One who handle non-trade direct sales

I must admit I haven't got any to hand to double check , but I think Peco N gauge joiners work OK on SMP 00 track.

Reply to
airsmoothed

They do. I have used them for thirty years now on my SMP track. They might need easing out just a touch but they will work fine.

Alistair Wright Killiecrankie LMS

Reply to
Alistair Wright

The new shop is Castle Trains

I haven't been for over a year but it was a nice fresh, clean, well layed out shop (unlike some cramped and dingy MR establishments) but not much stock.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Peco N gauge joiners will work. No problem with the insulated ones but the metal ones need a bit of easing. I haven't tried the Code 75 00 ones.

The best metal joiners for SMP, if you can find them, are the old Minitrix N gauge joiners which have a vertical piece on each side that fits nicely into the rail web.

Reply to
John Nuttall

Hi John Try Rural Railways. Although he doesn't have a website his address and phone number are on the net he does do mail order and can be found at many of the larger exhibitions. Hope this is of some help

Dave

Reply to
FRANCIS TUCKLEY