SR t1

any one interested in this, please!

Apparently they did not make my BR period!

Reply to
piemanlarger

Yo

Railtours ... local (model) preservation society special?!?!? ;o)

All the best

Fling

Reply to
Flingel Bunt

I dont think any have been preserved, though, either? I looked at it too, but again, none lasted into the late 50's/early 60's. ISTR that only a couple got as far as "British Railways" in sunshine lettering in wartime black livery, scrapped around 1949/50.

Reply to
John Ruddy

My ';o)' was a slight hint towards the unmentioned 'modellers license' in the preservation suggestion ;o)

Perhaps the loco could even be numbered as the other/extra one history forgot? (Most people wouldn't know/notice anyways) ;-) It's a nice tank loco, be a shame to let it go, specially if it does end up selling cheap.

I've always wondered if people with layouts with specific locos tied to sheds (plates) and times also make sure the registrations on their model vehicles are accurate to the place and period too? ;-)

All the best

Fling

Reply to
Flingel Bunt

In news:vBG6d.1149$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.ntli.net, piemanlarger blithered:

Silly boy!

Reply to
GbH

Is this a kit on a proprietary chassis, or a heavily-modified M7 (says he, noticing Tri-ang box in background)? Not an interested purchaser, just being nosey!

David E. Belcher

Reply to
David E. Belcher

Having had a hunt through my library of books, I see that Drummond cancelled an order for a final 10, to be numbered in the series 368-377. Presumably he replaced these with an order for M7 tanks - cant find my book on the Drummond locos to check. I also see that a handful went to the S & D in 1941 for the duration of the war, to cover for Midland 1P

0-4-4's on work from Highbridge and Templecombe sheds. An intriguing might-have-been is what if the Midland engines never survived to war to return to Somerset and the T1's got their lives extended until, say, replaced by Ivatt 2-6-2's in the late 50's ?
Reply to
John Ruddy

Yo

Drummond? Adams T1? My SR (and pregrouping) history is limited to a one or two books. How similar is the R/R1 0-4-4 (LCDR? not to be confused with Stirling 0-6-0 R1's*) to this model T1? Looks 'very' similar but I can't find anything other than a few dodgy B&W photos, none of which are are a decent enough angle to really see how close they are. * Further checks show a few different R1's.

If that model could be modded to an R1 then it's got a few more years (1956 ish) in it (model wise).

Although the trailing bogie looks dodgy too :-/

All the best

Fling

Reply to
Flingel Bunt

If the worst comes to the worst, when you get it, just put it right back on ebay - you never know, you might make a profit :)

Reply to
John Ruddy