model shops, North Westish?

Can anyone tell me where I can find a decent model shop in the North West
(or even North East)
Not one that just sells Hornby/Peco/Bachman etc but one which stocks loco
kits/wagon kits/Scratch builder stuff?
I know about Tower models (Blackpool) but they're mostly 7mm and I'm looking
for 4mm stuff.
If it can be reached by rail so much the better.
I know I can mail order but I'd like to find somewhere that I can have a bit
of a browse too.
Mike H
Reply to
jimedvic
Tried Hattons in Liverpool? Also have a website for online ordering and they're not that expensive either.
Peter Cheap Train Tickets:
Peter
Try my local shop, "The Train Shop" on Pedder Street in Morecambe, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from the railway station. The proprietor, Richard Dalton, sells absolutely nothing but model railway goods (as opposed to buses / slot cars / etc.) and I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help you out with your requirements. Details are at
and can be found by scrolling down just over halfway along the page. Give him a ring if you like!
Cheers, John.
Reply to
John Lancaster
I would highly recommend Waltons at Altrincham. Their address is - 30, Stamford Street, Altrincham, WA14 iEY, Tel: 0161 928 5940
A good directory service is at
Regards, Mickey
Reply to
Mickey