Bachy Fairburns are go!

The new Fairburn 2-6-4T locos from Bachmann have just hit the shelves, and I have to say I'm impressed. They certainly capture the atmosphere of the prototype and running qualities are in line with other recent releases from Bachmann.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yep I agree, its difficult to get excited about yet another black Ivatt tank from Bachmann - only guessing it was an Ivatt design though.

Simon

Reply to
simon

Reply to
Keith

"simon" wrote

I wasn't suggest that at all. In my opinion these are exactly the type of loco most layouts need, and I hope Bachmann also take the opportunity to uprate the original Ivatt 2-6-2T to current standards in the future.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

exactly my reasoning hence another Ivatt tank... Now had it been a Stanier !

Simon

Reply to
simon

For my layout I want another Princess to complete the 1930's to 1950's livery range (a baseboard thats mostly plain wood is era neutral). But really it needs lots of 3f's, 2f's 1f's and any surviving LNWR equivs. They were the commoners !

Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

All you need to do to achieve that is buy an air brush and some paint and paint one yourself. OK so you may need to do a bit of body bashing to achieve the correct top feed &/or dome combination.

The Fairburn tanks were far more common in my area than Stanier 2-6-4Ts, but the BR Standards saw some service. I agree with you regarding ex-MR goods locos. I'd happily add a couple of 3F & 4F 0-6-0s to my loco stud, but a Pacific is never going to get a look in.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Claughton! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

You are Igor A. Nastikov AICMFRoubles!

Reply to
MartinS

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

Obsessed comes to mind, but here's something to keep you amused until Bachmann or Hornby finally come to their senses and produce something to shut you up about Claughtons! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

How many have you got in stock? When is the N gauge version coming out?

Reply to
David Jackson

If you are serious (and have some loose money) I have 2 G2s, an 18" goods, a Webb 2-4-2T, and a Prince of Wales in finescale 00 for sale. If you are interested contact me off line at: snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Alistair Wright

Reply to
Alistair Wright

Thank you, I would have been interested, but I've recently discovered the joys of the GEM kit. Perfect for a first timer, with an excellent chassis - although maybe the Precursor tank was a little ambitious. I plan to plod through their complete range over the next few years.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I dont have the heart to damage them - do have the skill though (to damage). Anyway its Princess Louise which is already available. Just a case of finding one when I have some extra pocket money - would have been this xmas, but have already ordered the 'elite' - thats another story.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Couldnt we reverse engineer a Patriot ? Cheers, simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Where are you going to find a Patriot?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Touché !

Simon

Reply to
simon

In article , John Turner writes

One was purchased at our setting up this evening (plug - Beckenham Show), straight out the box onto Empingham and ran perfectly. The interesting thing is that Empingham is set to OO fine scale standards (14.8mm b2b).

Reply to
John Bishop

"simon" wrote

LOL - got to say when I responded that I thought you were talking about reverse engineering a prototype Patriot, but I suppose the same comment applies model-wise.

What a shame that Hornby have persisted with their ancient and grossly inaccurate (over-wide) tender drive model, leaving the market open for Bachmann to exploit.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Its ok, Bachmann are only "well on the way to production" so Hornby have a couple of years to think about what to do in reply ! Bachmann are being greedy to have all 3. I'm betting on Hornby announcing a Scot.. Simon

Reply to
simon