Bachy Fairburns are go!

Oddly enough, I find that 1935 fits in well with 1975 and GW with Union pacific whenever I feel like it. It is after all, my world and they all obey!!

Reply to
Peter Abraham

I have a photo of Bath green Park with a GW,LMS LNER,SR & BR all happilly co-existing. I wonder where else that scene could have been reproduced. The LNER was a B1 from Leeds which had been working the York - Bristol. Whereas my scheme is not S&DJR it does seem to have uncanny parallels to my West Country youth.

Reply to
Peter Abraham

I had not considered the Acton Interchange - you could have seen almost anything between there and Willesdon / Kings X goods. I must admit to having never seen an LMS 2-6-4T in London( or anywhere else ) until I was based in Barrow in Furness in 1967/8 and it was one of the last steam MPDs, excepting on The East Kent lines where they were the norm.

Reply to
Peter Abraham

It's also common curtsey to read and understand what someone has written before replying.

Reply to
Jerry

"Peter Abraham" wrote

LMS 2-6-4Ts were both allocated to and daily visitors to London. Willesden and Watford had them for sure and I suspect there were some at Kentish Town, whilst the 3-cylinder Stanier variety worked (except for a short period when they were new) almost exclusively on the LT&SR.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Bath was one of the exceptions. In at least 80% of the country, the locos which were scrapped in the 60's were the same types which had been there since 1948 (bar a few BR Standards) and in some cases since 1923!

In order to model most of these locations you are going to need a core amount of "native" engines. I think the GW has been in this situation for some time (decades?) and the LMS similarly, though more recently. The LNER and the SR both need further releases to reach the same level, though that might be because of the lack of standardisation during the grouping, and the proliferation of pre-group stock. Scotland suffers the same.

Reply to
John Ruddy

I am not suggesting that they were not there! Merely absent whilst I was ( it was quite a long journey for a young teenager and one did rather try to see everything in just one go).

Reply to
Peter Abraham

Apart from the fact that I read this group from a newsgroup and replies or opinions cannot be always mated with its precedents it can, without constant reference to individuals, sometimes get confused. Whatever the situation it does not condone the ill mannered use of petulant and modern day estuary gobspeak when addressing others. I am not a mrs Whitehouse -- after 40 years at sea you may be certain that i know how to curse quite freely -- but not on a public forum.

Reply to
Peter Abraham

How can one get confused, you were replying to my message, and will have (presumably) just read what I had written - you even quoted it!

Reply to
Jerry

Pretty sure most of those were quite a lot smaller, with smaller wheels. The M7 was a //big// engine for its day.

OTOH, reversing the chassis might provide a starting point for the NBR

4-4-0 Helensburgh tanks. Only three built, mind..
Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

"Peter Abraham" wrote

I wasn't suggesting otherwise Peter, just clarifying that they did indeed work in London on a daily basis.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Quite so, but do you find that to commonly curtsey while reading the newsgroup improves your understanding thereof as Jerry has recommended?

Or does curtseying only apply to special occasions such as when reading one of Jerry's decrees?

Lost and totally at sea, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

I am afraid that my knees are no longer up to it! The lost shall be found , as the red herrings on which they sail shall all be scooped up in the drift net of life.

OR which part of good manners is no longer applicable in the UK?

Reply to
Peter Abraham

With regard to the LNER wartime black A4, Mallard would've made much more sense due to both the name recognition value and the fact it was still in that livery in 1948. John Turner has already commented on this thread on the sales potential of LNER black A4s (not good).

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell

Typical Jerry. Ignore him. I do.

Reply to
MartinS

I don't curtsey. I might bow, if I were presented to the Queen.

Reply to
MartinS

please dont upset Jerry, things were far too quiet when he disappeared for a while.

Reply to
simon

systems..."?

But you find every opportunity to troll me...

Reply to
Jerry

Doesn't take much to upset Jerry, apparently.

Reply to
MartinS

"Graham Thurlwell" wrote

Agreed, but to come up with that option someone at Margate would need to have done some basic research or had some serious knowledge of what they were tackling. Numerous errors in models produced (or planned for release) in recent years suggest a very casual approach to such research.

John.

Reply to
John Turner